- Available finishes. Mahogany or olive veneer and piano-lacquered black
- A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt.
- The medium density fibre plinth stands on three height-adjustable rubber-damped aluminium cones.
- The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
- The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising the hub, a fine-balanced aluminium platter and a cork mat (a standard felt mat is supplied also).
- The platter’s low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a polished ball bearing in a brass bearing housing.
- Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
|Technical data||Pro-Ject 1Xpression III Classic|
|Fitted cartridge||optional Ortofon 2M Red|
|Nominal speeds||33 / 45 / 78 r.p.m. (78 optional)|
|RCA phono sockets||yes|
|Rubber-damped aluminium cones||yes|
|Tonearm with fibre armtube and sapphire thrust-pads||yes|
|Effective tonearm length||8,6 ” (218,5mm)|
|Effective tonearm mass||8,7g|
|Supplied counterweight||cartridge weight 7 – 12g|
|Optional counterweight||cartridge weight 4 – 7g|
|Downforce range||10 – 30mN|
|Signal to noise||-70dB|
|Power supply type||Mains-fed outboard power supply|
|220 – 240V, 50 cycles or 100 – 110V, 60 cycles|
|Output voltage||16V/500mA AC|
|Dimensions (lid open)||415 x 370 x 405mm|
|Dimensions (lid closed)||415 x 118 x 320mm|